Tuesday 1 January 2013

Research Week - Task 2

In this Project, we are to start looking at the theme of Recycling and then we are to find away of making a character with that theme. In task 2 we were asked to reference a film, literature, illustration, designer, a game or animation which has the theme of recycling in it.

Artist 

Andrew Chase is a artist who creates sculptures of animals out of scrap metal. He creates Epic dinosaurs out of recycled parts in which have been thrown in the junkyard. I really think Andrew has a huge talent in which he makes his art look like it is alive, this is something in which I may look at when creating my character and this is a big inspiration. 

Heather Jansch Is utterly Brilliant, I searched artists who used recycling and thank god I did, Her art is outstanding and shocking. Heather is an artist who uses Drift wood to create brilliant Statues of Horses in which look so real.
Erika Iris Simmons looks at old media like cassettes to create absolutely unique and memorable works that feature famous people or team like Kurt Cobain, Beatles and Michael Jackson. To me this is something I have never seen and most people would be the same, It is unique and without doubt brilliant!

Films
The Film Wall-e is an obvious choice when looking at recycling, The film is basically about the earth in the future. The character is a small junk collecting robot, which ironically is made from scrap parts.
The film really got me focused on which could be classed as recyclable and also I think the character design is going to be something in which I will be looking at.

Animation

When looking for animations in recycling I could not find many.

However I stumbled over a youTube video in which is a stop motion animation comprising of plastic models, human hands and Flash frame-by-frame animation. The theme is recycling. It simply shows a mans hands in which transforms recyclable items into different objects. I thought It was clever and so added it here. The link is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV3-2pC5hU8

Recycling in Games

One game in which I have looked at before this,
is the game samorost. This game uses Photography
to create an environment, however it uses recyclable materials
in the game and It looks very unique and different.

tbc


Illustrations

Here is a a piece of art in which I found on deviantart. It uses the theme of recycling to create a boat/ship. I really like this piece however I wish I was able to find the artists name.



Other

One very interesting aspect in which was not on the list was recycling in fashion and normal life. I looked at The fact people use recycled materials as clothing and also for tools or jewelry. I think that I could use Recycled clothes such as Newspapers and Scrap metals to create or act as
a fabric.






No comments:

Post a Comment